Home Quicklinks UserCP New Posts Memberlist Calendar Videos Gallery Articles Logout

Go Back   California Fishing - Hookup Sportfishing > Southern California Saltwater Fishing > Southern California Saltwater Reports

Advertisements

LinkBack Thread Tools

Cherry Beach-Long Beach
02-25-2007, 10:41 AM   #1 (permalink)
Elite Member

BeachBear is
: 5,670
Cherry Beach-Long Beach

[SATURDAY
I went out trout fishing and got skunked. I felt really bad and missd the surf. I pumped some bait, then parked on top of the entrance of Cherry Beach. Water looked perfect and saw some nice structure. I pulled out this
Cherry Beach-Long Beach-da-bears-006.jpg
with the first bait second cast. Two more bites, but no hookups. As you can see TONS of trash in the water, sometimes it looked like a jelly fish swimming by, but it was really a Dorito's bag. There were other anglers out there, but it was "BAIT OR GO HOME". I callled up ngounsay, SYthe Creations, and told him of the water change. We made plans to fish it Sunday morning.

SUNDAY
Sy had a new Matrix with a PIMP looking handle, it really showed the beauty of the Matrix blank. Sy also already had a 1 Corbina and 2 Croaker. My first bait second cast and I get a Corbina. After that, Sy drank a 6 pack of PIMP JUICE Sy then proceded to put on a show. He caught a turbot, a flounder, and a halibut 20". He also caught a few more corbina and croaker. He was on a roll and even hooked while on his cell phone. Sy had a size 4 Lazer Sharp baitholder hook and I don't think I had a hook. I'll never forget the day that Sy and I combined to catch 17 fish, 16 for him and 1 for me.
Cherry Beach-Long Beach-da-bears-007.jpgCherry Beach-Long Beach-da-bears-008.jpgCherry Beach-Long Beach-da-bears-009.jpg

02-25-2007, 11:21 AM   #2 (permalink)

orchardhills is
: 479
Michelle says, "Awesome fish. Time for a new hat."

16-1 Ouch!

02-25-2007, 11:30 AM   #3 (permalink)

spooky007 is
: 4,482
Great report Richard.

Al

02-25-2007, 01:01 PM   #4 (permalink)

tompayne is
: 1,030
nice report atleast no skunk and you got to see a performance congrats on the fish

Tom

02-25-2007, 02:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
Charter Member

aftahour is
: 1,780
another great report rich.. we need a better close up of sy's rod

02-25-2007, 05:24 PM   #6 (permalink)

YakityYak is
: 1,083
thanks for the report. I wonder why all the trash? maybe it's from the last rain.

Teach a kid fishing and conservation.

02-25-2007, 06:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
HUSF Staff

Wahoo! is
: 6,671
Thanks for the report. Good job getting the skunk off!

02-25-2007, 07:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
Elite Member

BeachBear is
: 5,670
:
Michelle says, "Awesome fish. Time for a new hat."

16-1 Ouch!

Going into fishing I wanted 2 things about my fishing stories; A)Say whatever I caught or lost was actually shorter than what it was, B)Be honest about how many I caught. I always heard that fishermen were liars so I would just tell the truth about how many I caught and keep the "whoppers" as fish not lies. I'd rather be honest and not make myself some internet ego fisherman only telling "whopper" tales and making myself something I'm not because you can Edit on the internet, but not in life. But, yah 16-1 is one he77 of an a$$-whooping, that's one for the record books. It was close in the beginning, but fell apart after the half, can someone say SUPER BOWL.

You gotta' be able to laugh at yourself or you'll never move on.

02-25-2007, 07:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

NulodPBall is
: 7,275
:
Going into fishing I wanted 2 things about my fishing stories; A)Say whatever I caught or lost was actually shorter than what it was, B)Be honest about how many I caught. I always heard that fishermen were liars so I would just tell the truth about how many I caught and keep the "whoppers" as fish not lies. I'd rather be honest and not make myself some internet ego fisherman only telling "whopper" tales and making myself something I'm not because you can Edit on the internet, but not in life. But, yah 16-1 is one he77 of an a$$-whooping, that's one for the record books. It was close in the beginning, but fell apart after the half, can someone say SUPER BOWL.

You gotta' be able to laugh at yourself or you'll never move on.
===

Been there, done that... (the "1" or "0" part)

"Helfin sie mir!"

02-26-2007, 12:22 AM   #10 (permalink)

orchardhills is
: 479
I hear ya. I personally have caught one fish in two weeks. And that fish was not even on my pole! I still had a blast fishing those two weeks.

Michelle is going to get you a pink fishing hat.

02-26-2007, 09:45 AM   #11 (permalink)
Elite Member

mickeysindahous is
: 4,832
Way to shake the skunk off your back! Looks like you had lots of fun! Thanks for the report!

02-26-2007, 09:50 AM   #12 (permalink)

Supa711 is
: 711
Looks like fun, I encountered the same amount of trash in Newport. That rod looks really nice, i second the picture request. Almost hurts to see the reel in the sand though haha.

02-26-2007, 02:16 PM   #13 (permalink)

woolybugger is
: 238
nice report ive actually never caught a flounder on the west coast from shore only halibut

02-26-2007, 05:54 PM   #14 (permalink)

bigdee is
: 1,016
Remember, when you throw them back they can be any size you want when telling the story. Bigdee

02-28-2007, 04:55 PM   #15 (permalink)
Elite Member

Nick Velvet is
: 3,529
Pretty good day out there.

"Everyone should be married twice and own thier own business once" - Robert Fenner

"Photography is 10% thought and 90% witchcraft" - A. Taussig

"Baits for girls" - Various people