Home Quicklinks UserCP New Posts Memberlist Calendar Videos Gallery Articles Logout

Go Back   California Fishing - Hookup Sportfishing > Southern California Saltwater Fishing > Southern California Saltwater Message Board

Advertisements

LinkBack Thread Tools

Palos Verdes Fishing?
12-27-2011, 04:14 PM   #1 (permalink)

lovefish is
: 419
Palos Verdes Fishing?

Anyone ever fish palos verdes? Mainly on the shore, not a boat.

I did read that its a pretty spectacular place to fish for bass and halibut, but thats from a boat.

any ideas or spots where to fish from the shore? not sure if its the best place to surf fish but im heading down there this week. Its rocky so perhaps its no good or maybe its even better.

thanks,
Fish on!

Fishing, Broads and Booz

12-27-2011, 04:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Charter Member

Jersey Guy is
: 2,282
:
Anyone ever fish palos verdes? Mainly on the shore, not a boat.

I did read that its a pretty spectacular place to fish for bass and halibut, but thats from a boat.

any ideas or spots where to fish from the shore? not sure if its the best place to surf fish but im heading down there this week. Its rocky so perhaps its no good or maybe its even better.

thanks,
Fish on!
I believe a large portion of the fishable areas of PV ie abalone cove etc will be closed on January 1st as they are part of the MLPA. There are fish to be had though...be careful. Easier place to fish would be Torrance Beach in Redondo. Good amount of halibut there.