Home Quicklinks UserCP New Posts Memberlist Calendar Videos Gallery Articles Logout

Go Back   California Fishing - Hookup Sportfishing > Southern California Freshwater Fishing > Southern California Freshwater Reports

Advertisements

LinkBack Thread Tools

PUDDINGSTONE LAKE IS STOCKED UP.
01-08-2009, 11:38 PM   #1 (permalink)

FISH_N_FRENZY is
: 729
PUDDINGSTONE LAKE IS STOCKED UP.

So, Gobblethis & I went out to The Pudd yesterday afternoon asking the lifeguards if the stock truck had been around - knowing that the report read it would sometime during the week of the 4th. One of the lifeguards out there ( who is the lead singer of the Morrisey cover band named The Sweet Tender Hooligans) is real cool like, and hint that they are expecting the stock truck sometime tomorrow ( Thursday ) .....I heading out on my bike sometime around 11:00 a.m. , and headed out to the usual spot....something told me to hit the boat ramp area at the North Shore but, I did not listen to my conscience, and missed the chance to take photos of the truck dumping 2,000 pounds of rainbow trout. I am still pissed off at myself for that but, a couple of local buds, and myself headed out to that area of the park.

I got on the horn and called up Gobblethis. telling him that the lake is being stocked as I am speaking.......it did not take him long before we made a day of it at Puddingstone. I also texted Travisjolley but, he was nowhere to be found.....I took a few snao shot f some of the local anglers having a field day on boats, and kayaks....a few of us fished the shore not 10 minutes after the dump , and the fish we're biting...I was suprised how agressive them trout we're this after noon.

We caught our limit in a matter of minutes....
The trout we're hitting Silver in the day, and anything gold later that evening.
We had a Blast! The highlight of the day was Gobblethis hooking up a Larg Mouth Bass on ultra light camo line on a Super Duper lure.....I could not believe it! What a day.....it's the most fun we've had here at The Pudd.
The guards gave all of the anglers fishing after the dump but, let us be after a few hours.....we all had out fishing license so, they did not have much they can say afterwards......

Two of the locals and myself headed back to where my RV is parked , and had ourselves a nice little fih fry.....I'm a bit drunk writing this so, excuse any type O's....LMAO!

We are so hitting The Pudd tomorrow morning...if anybody wants to meet up there , I'll be the guy with a BIG smile on his face .....

I also got a chance to break in the new Gloomis rod - YES! .....what a day.
Attached Thumbnails
PUDDINGSTONE LAKE IS STOCKED UP.-hpim1174.jpg   PUDDINGSTONE LAKE IS STOCKED UP.-hpim1177.jpg   PUDDINGSTONE LAKE IS STOCKED UP.-hpim1178.jpg   PUDDINGSTONE LAKE IS STOCKED UP.-hpim1179.jpg   PUDDINGSTONE LAKE IS STOCKED UP.-hpim1175.jpg  

PUDDINGSTONE LAKE IS STOCKED UP.-hpim1176.jpg   PUDDINGSTONE LAKE IS STOCKED UP.-hpim1182.jpg   PUDDINGSTONE LAKE IS STOCKED UP.-hpim1183.jpg   PUDDINGSTONE LAKE IS STOCKED UP.-hpim1180.jpg   PUDDINGSTONE LAKE IS STOCKED UP.-hpim1181.jpg  

PUDDINGSTONE LAKE IS STOCKED UP.-hpim1184.jpg   PUDDINGSTONE LAKE IS STOCKED UP.-hpim1185.jpg   PUDDINGSTONE LAKE IS STOCKED UP.-hpim1194.jpg   PUDDINGSTONE LAKE IS STOCKED UP.-hpim1192.jpg   PUDDINGSTONE LAKE IS STOCKED UP.-hpim1195.jpg  

PUDDINGSTONE LAKE IS STOCKED UP.-hpim1188.jpg   PUDDINGSTONE LAKE IS STOCKED UP.-hpim1187.jpg   PUDDINGSTONE LAKE IS STOCKED UP.-hpim1189.jpg   PUDDINGSTONE LAKE IS STOCKED UP.-hpim1191.jpg   PUDDINGSTONE LAKE IS STOCKED UP.-hpim1193.jpg  

PUDDINGSTONE LAKE IS STOCKED UP.-hpim1197.jpg   PUDDINGSTONE LAKE IS STOCKED UP.-hpim1199.jpg   PUDDINGSTONE LAKE IS STOCKED UP.-hpim1200.jpg  

"Going Fish'n should not be an imposition'."

01-09-2009, 06:38 AM   #2 (permalink)

gobble this is
: 52
nice pics. i might be back out there later today

01-09-2009, 06:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
HUSF Staff

Badfish2 is
: 14,695
Nothing like WFO action to break in a new rod. Too bad it's going to be windy as hell this weekend, I had plans to hit silverwood

01-09-2009, 07:09 AM   #4 (permalink)
Elite Member

flyfishingfool is
: 3,566
I'll be there Sunday morning. Hopefully the trout will be there too.

01-09-2009, 07:37 AM   #5 (permalink)
Elite Member

seal is
: 3,635
:
Nothing like WFO action to break in a new rod. Too bad it's going to be windy as hell this weekend, I had plans to hit silverwood
Don't always count on Silverwood being windy during Santa Ana winds. Sometimes they hit hard then die down real fast. 70 mile per hours down the hill and just a little breeze at Silverwood.

No promises though....

01-09-2009, 05:40 PM   #6 (permalink)

travisjolley is
: 345
nice pics guys.sorry i couldnt make it but was with the wife(warden) and my porch pass is only valid this weekend...lol

01-09-2009, 06:31 PM   #7 (permalink)

AlexRuiz is
: 534
Nice Puddinstone report! I got kicked out for fishing the launch ramp area once. Is fishing allowed around the ramp?

01-09-2009, 06:42 PM   #8 (permalink)
Elite Member

HereFishyFishy is
: 3,309
Cool report, nice job out there guys.

01-09-2009, 07:01 PM   #9 (permalink)
Elite Member

flyfishingfool is
: 3,566
:
Nice Puddinstone report! I got kicked out for fishing the launch ramp area once. Is fishing allowed around the ramp?
You got kicked out of the park or just off the ramp?
You could fish besides the ramp, just not on the ramp or dock. I always get kicked off the ramp and dock at Santa Fe Dam. I just fish it until someone says something.

PUDD
01-09-2009, 10:20 PM   #10 (permalink)

Hate2Fish is
: 211
PUDD

Hope these bad ### winds are gone tomorrow but doubt it

01-10-2009, 09:23 PM   #11 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

NulodPBall is
: 7,263
Very nice

"Helfin sie mir!"