Home Quicklinks UserCP New Posts Memberlist Calendar Videos Gallery Articles Logout

Go Back   California Fishing - Hookup Sportfishing > Southern California Freshwater Fishing > Southern California Freshwater Reports

Advertisements

LinkBack Thread Tools

Puddingstone Lake ( Stocked like crazy ).
12-02-2008, 12:50 PM   #1 (permalink)

FISH_N_FRENZY is
: 729
Puddingstone Lake ( Stocked like crazy ).

So, it was long over due. I guess after all the whole civil suit / court issue B.S., Puddingstone Lake was finally stocked with Rainbows, and boy they we're not shy with the stocking. It was sometime last Weds.morning
( Nov. 26 ) when the stock truck came out to Puddingstone Lake, and dumped the most fish we have ever seen dumped into this 2,500 acre body of water all year. We ( the locals & I ) have been having a "frenzy" fishing these bad boys out.

I have been fishing the lake every morning since Thanksgiving day -having a blast and easily catching my limit of Rainbows. We are talking hundreds of nice sized trout all over the lake - finally.

Puddingstone has been a very challenging lake for me to fish out of up until last week - the end of Nov. 08. I am in hope that they keep thier promise, and continue to stock the lake every two weeks. I also figure that since the stop of stocking certain bodies of waters here in CA. ,there will be twice the amount for the one's they are allowing the stocking of fish.

On another note:
I am now training myself to take my digi cam with me when I go fishing.
I want to be able to post some snap shots of my fishing experience , and of my catch on here for your viewing pleasure. I started up with taking a few snap shots of our ( my buddies & I) catch on Dec 1st. The trout are now marinating, the buds & I will be having a little fish fry tonight after work.

The photos I are nothing to write home about but, it gives a sense of what the lake is being filled with. I will try and take some photos while fishing but so far, it's been hard for me to take snap shots....I get so excited fishing that I feel taking a moment to take some snap shots will cut into my fishing time...LOL!

I do plan on hitting some of the local lakes out here, and of course the coast for some surf fishing - which I enjoy doing very much. It's just good to have Puddingtone Lake take a turn for the best.

Fish on & happy hunting!
Attached Thumbnails
Puddingstone Lake ( Stocked like crazy ).-hpim0957.jpg   Puddingstone Lake ( Stocked like crazy ).-hpim0960.jpg   Puddingstone Lake ( Stocked like crazy ).-hpim0965.jpg   Puddingstone Lake ( Stocked like crazy ).-hpim0967.jpg  

"Going Fish'n should not be an imposition'."

12-02-2008, 02:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Elite Member

mickeysindahous is
: 4,832
That's how it's done! What did you catch these bad boys on?

12-02-2008, 05:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

FromtheLBC is
: 982
:
That's how it's done! What did you catch these bad boys on?

12-02-2008, 06:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

NulodPBall is
: 7,263
Hmmm...maybe the Pud is the new fish-stop...

"Helfin sie mir!"

12-02-2008, 07:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
Elite Member

mickeysindahous is
: 4,832
:
Sorry, you caught me. I was speed reading on the job. Plus, I don't really take the time to click on pics. Thumbnails are fine for me.

12-02-2008, 07:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
HUSF Staff

DementedFish is
: 11,771
Nice catch! Who else did you go with?

Sean Lara - HookUpSportfishing
Sean @ Hookupsportfishing.com

12-02-2008, 07:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
HUSF Staff

Wahoo! is
: 6,671
Thanks for the report and pics. It's great to hear they started putting fish in there again!

12-02-2008, 09:40 PM   #8 (permalink)
Elite Member

HereFishyFishy is
: 3,309
The super duper is killer in slo mo.

12-03-2008, 12:17 AM   #9 (permalink)
HUSF Staff

FishSlayer is
: 12,624
NICE!
but, umm....
you know that there is a five fish limit per person per day right?
you may want to clarify that that stringer was caught by three people so that nobody gets the wrong idea.
I'm just sayin...

on Twitter- @fishslayer01

Facebook- Fishslayer Ripper

12-03-2008, 11:13 AM   #10 (permalink)

FISH_N_FRENZY is
Thumbs up

A few of us guys that are staying at the East Shore RV park here in San Dimas rally up and go fishing just about every morning. It was four of us on Monday....We all decide on a spot the day before and meet up in the mornings. You can see in the pic where I am lifting the fish, four of the trout are on a seperate stringer - one of our buds tends to get a bit greedy with his catch...LOL! The rest of us don't care.

Hey Du, I do see a few Fly Fishermen from time to time out there.
No wading is allowed but, there is enough room for casting at Puddingstone or you can always roll cast.

FYI, Puddingstone charges an $8.00 entree fee, I think the park is just charging on the weekends for the winter months....
I rigged a pretty sweet rod holder on back side of my beach cruiser that I got from BPS for $16.00 , I also got a "basket for bikes" to put my tackle box in ( I decided on a black colored basket because, I thought the pink one would be a bit over the top...LOL!), and I ride out to the lake just about every morning (my fat butt thanks me.).

On another note:
The guys and I had a real nice time grilling them fish last night.
I marinated the trout with olive oil, minced garlic, salt, pepper, thin lemon slices, fresh basil & a bit of rosemary ( I got the recipe on-line.) for a few hours, and boy did they ROCK! - I also threw some zucchini kabobs on the fire. We topped the nite off with a 30 pack of beer, and some good tunes.

Good Friends, Good Food, Good Beer, Good Times.

Last edited by FISH_N_FRENZY; 12-03-2008 at 11:33 AM.

12-03-2008, 12:44 PM   #11 (permalink)

travisjolley is
: 345
its about time they stocked the pudd nicely!!!!!!!!!! keep representing for us local sgv guys!!

12-04-2008, 12:16 AM   #12 (permalink)
HUSF Staff

FishSlayer is
: 12,624
I assume that they dont allow float tubes, what are their boat regulations?
do they have rentals?

on Twitter- @fishslayer01

Facebook- Fishslayer Ripper

12-04-2008, 07:21 PM   #13 (permalink)

FISH_N_FRENZY is
I've seen people on float tubes out there Yes....
They do have boat & kayak rentals but, I am not sure what type of boats they have available this time of season...The lake also has an odd & even day with the types of crafts they allow in the water.

Feel free to call this number , it is the direct # for Puddingstone Lake 909-599-8411.
They can inform you a whole lot better than I can .

12-04-2008, 08:06 PM   #14 (permalink)
Banned

dodoman is
: 24,590
nice work out there.